Journey of the Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» [MAIN] Geyser Springs
by JayBird89 Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 pm

» [EVENT] Angry Fire Gods
by Noella Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm

» Get Your Abilities
by Dice of Destiny Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 pm

» Get Your Starter Pack
by Dice of Destiny Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:19 pm

» Dionysus' Story
by JayBird89 Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm

» Dionysus' Form
by Noella Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Active Players
(Based off most recent activity check)

Fell
Oddey
Amatullah
Affiliates

[MAIN] Azure Wilds

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[MAIN] Azure Wilds - Page 3 Empty [MAIN] Azure Wilds

Post by Noella Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Rules for Main Topic Roleplay

1. Keep it clean, PG-13 rated.

2. Do not exclude anyone from what is happening.

3. Anyone can post here.

4. Keep character plots in plot topics.

5. Have fun!

6. Use your imagination of what the area looks like!

Last edited by Noella on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Noella
Noella

DP : 2681

https://yourjourneybegins.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[MAIN] Azure Wilds - Page 3 Empty Re: [MAIN] Azure Wilds

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:19 pm

His ears flattened at her lecturing tone, causing him to wince as the bloody remnant of his left ear sent a bolt of pain through him. Emotions played across his face until he got back under control, expression freezing in a polite configuration. "I suppose my excitement got away with me." He said. It wasn't like he could admit that he was trying to impress the local pack. And he had indeed been excited when he first saw the caribou. "I came upon the herd from the east. First time in weeks I saw anything besides rodents. I just... had to try."

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

DP : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Fell snorted. "Even so..." she couldn't believe him. How like a fool he was, but at least he had a skill in mobility. "Your quick at least." She glanced at his ear. "We should find something to mend your ear..." she looked around, but the land was still to unknown for the female to know what to look for. She sighed, feeling helpless in such a place.

"What brings you here?" She asked after a moment. "Aside from a wreckless hunt on large prey." She joked.
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:23 pm

"I'll roll in marigolds after rinsing it." He assured her, not sure what else could be done for it. Belatedly he recalled that he hadn't seen any of those flowers since spring. "Or I suppose I'll just avoid getting it dirty, unless your healer has some dried somewhere."

Reckless wasn't how he wanted to be known, but she wasn't casting him out so he wasn't going to argue. "I came from the east." He answered. "Travelling...looking for someplace to bunker down for winter. Is this territory claimed by the pack you're in?"

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Fell nodded in response. "I see." She shrugged. "A pack hasn't officially formed, but you are welcome to join our group." She replied. "Most of us have come from many different places from around Vanora. Another addition could be useful." Then she narrowed her eyes at him. "But what can you bring to the table?" His recent display wasn't too impressive. She wondered what a small Male like him could bring her.
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:36 pm

"Bring to the what?" He asked, unfamiliar with the term. Then he shook his head, the essence of her question was clear even if he didn't recognize the turn of phrase. Delivering a caribou successfully would have been a wonderful example of his merit, but that had ended disastrously. Yet again a good idea ended badly because he was too eager to think it through.

What else could he offer, what worth was there for a failed hunter?

Joachim pulled up his posture, standing straighter with the hope that it would make him feel more confident. "I'd offer up my charm and wit, but that won't help when winter's hunger comes calling. I suppose if you need a fighter..." Not that his small size gave him much in the way of strength. "My brothers used to have me bait the large predators that entered the territory, so a bigger warrior could get behind it."

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:43 pm

Fell laughed. "Hunters are a part of Seekers in this pack." She tilted her head. "You are kinda small to be a guardian."
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:07 pm

He tilted his head in response to her words, brow furrowed faintly. "Is there a size requirement then? Because there's not much I can do about my stature."

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:35 pm

Fell thought a moment. "I suppose we can put your skills to the test." She replied, rising to her paws and moving away a few paces. "You win, you get your trade. If I win..." she turned to face the smaller Male. "We will have to see...." she raised herself to her full height. "So...wanna go?" She knew her previous duel had been with small injuries, but she had no intention of hurting him, just a tackle.

(We can play out the wrestling match, or we can timeskip, it's up to you. You'll be able to play out past duels using the plot topics if you choose to time skip.)
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:08 pm

((We could play it out now unless you want to get back to the others if they're getting online soon.))

He was briefly peeved by the unfairness, he was already exhausted by the run from the caribou bull. But, the young wolf supposed, a real enemy wouldn't wait for him to regain his strength. "Very well." He assented.

The polite thing to do would be to let the lady make the first move. With the disadvantage Joachim already had with his height, he couldn't afford politeness.

Quick were his movements as he launched towards her. Not head-on, against her larger form and likely strength he had little chance. Instead he aimed at her flank.

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:27 pm

Fell waited for the Male to make his move. When Joachim lunged at her, Fell barked with excitement. She danced to the side, almost tripping. She made a break for the males flank, teeth bared and ears flat, mind ik ng that she had no plan to break skin.
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:10 pm

His first blow didn't land but Joachim didn't pause to dwell on that. Instead, as soon as his paws remet the ground he was tucking and rolling out of reach. Rising again he spun to face the female and gave an eager, playful growl.

Again he looked for an opening, circling until one was presented. This time his leap forward was a feint. As soon as his front legs contacted the ground he twisted his body. Pivoting, he kicked towards the lady with his back legs.

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:36 pm

Fell tried to move out of the way, but the Male was quick, a trait possessed mainly by smaller breeds. The kick sent her flying and rolling, yelping in surprise by such a move.

Fell scrambled to her feet, snorting and shaking her head slightly to clear her daze. "Impressive." She mumbled as she began to circle him, stalking. His small frame gave her the idea of using her size and strength against him. She lunged head on, meaning to tackle the Male to the ground.
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 am

Impressive but not enough apparently. There was no dodging the attack she launched, she'd simply follow him and force him to the ground. Joachim sprang right towards her. Going low and snapping towards her forelegs, hoping her momentum would trip her up.

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 am

Fell hadn't anticipated such a counterattack. The Male had simply proven that he was, indeed, resourceful. Fell tumbled and rolled to the ground in a heap. The larger female laid there, breathing hard. "You are resourceful." She said as she rose slowly to her feet, backing away a few steps. "Certainly know how to turn your enemies weight against them." She sighed. "A useful tactic." She sat down to breathe. "Why a guardian? You seem much more suited to be a Seeker."
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:05 pm

He was ready to pounce again, so ready in fact that he was moving before he even realized that the lady wasn't springing to her paws. Stopping mid strike wasn't graceful. Joachim sort of twisted, aimed his momentum downward and instead of landing on her. The result was a hard flop onto the ground that took the breath briefly from his lungs.

He tried to make it look natural as he followed her back to their paws. Resourceful...wasn't quite the adjective he wanted, but he'd take it. His head dipped in acknowledgement at her assessment of his skills.

"The ranks weren't fully separate in my father's pack." He offered, wondering if he should have had some sort of speech ready for this. "So I have some experience with both roles. Despite my size I was better at patrols and fighting." He nodded towards where the caribou had fled. "You've seen my abilities on a hunt. When it comes to other seeker tasks: I can identify and gather herbs but can never remember how to use them for healing, and I am terrible, I mean really terrible, with pups and the like."

"I am of course willing to help your seekers when they have need." He added.

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm

Fell laughed at his interview. "Well, I suppose having more strength would benefit the pack overall. Of course, you would see to the patrols and fight alongside other against predators and rogue wolves." She flicked an ear in regard to his skills. "I suppose Guardian would suit you. It is a team effort after all, no every man for himself." She rolled her shoulders to release some of the stiffness that had gathered there. She looked back the way they had come. "At least now we have a heading to hunting grounds." She sighed. "I suppose we should head back to the others..." then she had a thought. "You haven't seen others on your travels, have you?" They seem to pop out of no where; a rain of dispersal wolves looking for a place to call home.
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:58 pm

“Not many.” He said, gaze forlorn as he recalled those many months alone. “Not any wolves really, though there were several territories I passed. They were well marked and it was clear visitors weren’t welcome.” One of the reasons he had lingered once detecting wolves in this region had been the fact that there was no set border.

“It’ll be nice to be among others again.” He said, as close to admitting his lonesomeness as he ever would be. “How many are you?”

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 pm

Fell sat down as she listened to the hearing of other packs that weren't particularly friendly. She began to think of what to do once they found a den. She didn't know the strength of neighboring packs which left her and the others vulnerable.

"I see." She nodded. "Thank you for the information. She said. "We should had back to the others. There are four of us including you. A reasonable size." She stood and turned to head back up the hill. "I sent two out to hunt a meal for a disabled female. You and I can scour the forest until we hear a summoning howl." She took a few steps and looked back. "Sound like a plan?"

(If the others dont post by the end of the week, I'll move the rp forward and set it up for the event.)
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:14 am

He shook his head in affirmative and paced along behind her, paws quiet on the needled floor. There was a slight hesitation to his steps. Doubts reached up and clouded his mind as he moved in silence. What if the others didn't like him? He realized belatedly that Fell hadn't stated her own rank. What if she didn't have authority to offer him a place in the pack? What if a higher ranking wolf decided he was no good?

The iron gray male shook his head, briefly chasing the worries away. No, he had to be confident. He'd proven his worth once and he could do it again if need be.

He padded after Fell. Four wolves including him didn't seem like a large pack; not as large as his father's anyway. But maybe that was enough to start out with. Surely it was sufficient to take down larger prey if they all worked together.

"How was the female disabled?" He asked, mind weaving through the possibilities. "Was there a fight with some other predator?" It was what he would have to deal with as a guardian, so he might as well gain some idea of the local wildlife now.

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Fell shook her head as they walked. She kept her head low, scenting the area, wondering if anyone else might be lurking about. "Her pack disowned her and left her for dead. As a result, she is lame in one leg." Fell wondered how such a wolf survived the harshness of Vanora. It seemed so impossible for fell to put the pieces together.
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddey Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm

Oddey gave Fell a stiff nod to acknowledge her task, large tail slowly beginning to pick up pace as he grew more and more excited. Catching a hare tended to be an easy task for the lean male, but of course he couldn't rely on past luck for this challenge. Shifting his attention to the silent Artemis, he spoke briefly.
"You're welcome to follow, just as a precaution, but I should be fine on my own. Just promise not to scare the prey." Oddey added, his tone lighthearted as he delivered the joke to the other. He hoped Artemis would warm up with persistent conversation.
Without waiting or a response, he spun on his heels and dove back through the shrubs he had previously entered, beginning his hunt for a suitable hare. With high hopes, Oddey brought his ebony nose up and into the calm breeze, inhaling deeply. A multitude of scents flooded him, needing a few moments to pick them apart. Unfortunately, Oddey was unable to find the unique trace of a hare, bringing a slight frown to his lips. A feeling of uncertainty settled in his stomach, but he wasn't about to give up yet.
His bright blue eyes were experienced with pin pointing the slightest of tracks left behind on the impressionable earth, so Oddey began to assess the forest floor. Small divots in the dirt, twigs snapped under weight and small mounds of foraged food were all signs of possible mammals. With a child-like grin, Oddey kept a close eye on these occurrences as he prowled further and further from the others, tufted ear sitting tall and alert on his head.
It didn't take long before Oddey was able to catch the scent of a hare, nose dropping low as his gait slowed to a crawl. It grew stronger and stronger, it's sweet scent swirling and dancing towards him. His steps were feather light now, his movements lithe and uniform as he neared a small thicket. He was a mere few feet from his target when the branches moved, causing Oddey to halt in his tracks. Just when he thought his hunt was about to come to an end, the wind shifted directions, sending his predatory scent towards his prey.
Oddey didn't have the time to curse before the brown hare shot from the shrub, it's small body thumping against the earth as it ran. Without hesitation, the Timber wolf launched after his prey, unwilling to give up just yet. The mammal weaved between the trees and dove beneath the fallen ones, quick on it's feet. Oddey knew that the hare was faster then him, but he was smarter. He kept his eye on the white tail as it taunted him from ahead, predicting the rabbits common pattern of escape.
'Left, sharp left, sharp right, left.' Oddey memorized quickly, knowing his stamina was soon to run out. At the beginning on the new pattern, he dove to the left early, claiming an almost near perfect distance, practically tasting the hare already. With a second leap forward, his large forepaws made contact with the hares narrow back, quickly sinking his canines into the back of it's neck as the predator and prey skidded to a halt.
Another swift bite to the hare and it's life drained from it's body, leaving Oddey with ragged breathing and a glorious grin. The catch didn't go as nearly as well as he had hoped, but he had completed the task none the less. Hopefully he had proven himself worthy, and that his meal would bring joy to the one he had yet to converse with. Grasping the limb hare in his jaws, he took a moment to gather where he was before returning back to the others, following his own scent.
Oddey
Oddey

DP : 2057

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 pm

"Oh." Sympathy for the disabled female oozed into his thoughts. He hadn't had the horrible experience of being cast out, instead, he'd chosen to leave after that violent disagreement with his father. Joachim could hardly imagine how emotionally crippling it would be to be shoved aside and left for dead by one's own family. A shudder passed through him and he tried to turn his thoughts to something less depressing.

He quietly followed fell, forcing sore limbs to keep moving. It wasn't the bad soreness of pulled muscles, merely the annoying ache of overused ones. Hopefully, there wouldn't be anything too strenuous demanded of him for at least a day.

"Thank you." He said in low tones, words not entirely meant for the lady. "I won't make you regret letting me into your pack." It was an oath, sloppily uttered but, to his mind, just as binding as anything eloquent. He'd proven that he could fight, but now he had to prove that he was a good pack member. Prove it not just to the pack, but to himself as well.

((Short, sorry, not sure what else to post. Is the rp switching now that you've got everything for the game almost set up? They're not near the others yet are they?))

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:24 am

Fell could hear hushed tones coming from the Male as they trekked back towards the others. She didn't mind such things, as she had distracted herself with finding her way back to the small group she had been establishing so long. The female wondered of the two males Artemis and Oddey had done their bidding. Oddey would make for a fine Seeker if he had a successful hunt. At this rate, she simply wondered how well the members themselves, and her, would get along.

Along with her thoughts, a feeling of uneasiness had begun to grow in her mind...

(Soon. If my bf sends me the finished leveling system today, then imma convert it to a topic here and then I need to finalize a few things and get everyones Character Status Sheets set up as well. It's not too long a process but if things go as planned, we will get everything set up tomorrow and then I'll post a topic regarding how everything is going to work and people will follow my lead using the dices and we shall see how this flows. If we can have most of us online at the same time so that I can explain how everything is going to work, I'd like to do that^^)
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 pm

((I really don't know what to post for Joa here. Do we want to time skip them to when they find the others?))

Wolf-of-the-Dourwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:18 am

((Might as well. The system has another hole in it I need to fill so we got time to get everyone acquainted with Fell before the event starts.))
Noella
Noella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next